Friday, January 29, 2010

My Breaking Heart

They say to turn to God.
That He is the healer.
He is the one who can bind up our hurts and save us.
For the past two weeks I have walked into quite the battlefield.
Addictions, torment, and low self-worth lingering within it's walls.
But when 5pm comes around and it is time to go, I have never felt discouraged.
Jesus is the Conqueror in the house. By no means could our own strength, worth, or science heal these wounds.
And I will spare you the verses and the visible proof only because you won't believe it until you felt it.
But it is real and good things are happening.
And perhaps you think I don't know a lickity-split about hurts.
How immeasurably difficult it seems to have faith in the tough situations.
How far away God seems to feel the moment our lives dissapoint us.
How desperate we feel the moment our innocence is stolen.
How uncared for we seem to be the moment our lives were shattered...
So I decided to write.
As of 18 minutes ago I found out my two-year old sister had another seizure.
My first thought right now is what kind of selfish sister would immediately run to her computer to tell her audience this... But I wanted you, and the future girls I plan on sharing this with to know- that I know the hurt, the confusion, the eye-burning tears, the heart in throat, the angst, the anger and the hopelessness this sort of situation arises. I am at least 4 states away from Ella... and all the only comfort I can send to her is the one of the Holy Spirit. Although my flesh feels useless and frightened my soul lifts up and I just pray God's protection over her. We have to make the choice to step out of our hurting and allow God to do His work in us and in the situation surrounding us, all he asks of us is to believe. My sweet, sweet Ella. And my heart breaks for those who have not seen or do not believe in the mighty works God has done. Ella will be healed by faith. And I pray you all will be too.

Mark 5:34
He said to her, "Daughter, your faith has healed you. Go in peace and be freed from your suffering. 
 Luke 7:13 
When the Lord saw her, his heart went out to her and he said, "Don't cry." 
John 14:25-27
 "All this I have spoken while still with you. But the Counselor, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you. Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid. 

No comments: