Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Mercy Ministries



Everyone has their passion.
Even in the coldest hearts in the world,
((if you search hard enough))
there is a fire that burns deep within.
In my experiences that fire
for most, has gone out.
Due to life's circumstances they have
had to move on, give up, and let go.
you can't blame them though.
This world does a number on our dreams.
Even those of us who are dreamers,
we rarely support others who
burn like we do.
Most of you already know of my passion.
But for those of you who don't,
I'll share it.


"For over 25 years, Mercy Ministries of America has provided hope and healing to generations of desperate young women who are seeking freedom from life-controlling problems such as: Drug & Alchohol Addictions, Depression, Eating Disorders, Unplanned Pregnancy, Physical & Sexual Abuse, Self- Harm. Our free-of-charge program serves a diverse population of young women from various socio-economic backgrounds, aged 13-28. Many of the girls, who come to Mercy for help, are facing a combination of debilitating circumstances and have been in various treatment facilities with unsuccessful long-term results. We are committed to providing the young women we serve with the most excellent program services that allow them to recognize their self-worth and prepare them to reach their full potential. Our non-conventional approach to healing allows young women to permanently stop destructive cycles and prepares them to take hope out into their communities." -taken from mercyministries.org


God has made me many promises
since I have started to earnestly seek
a relationship with him.
He confirmed the very depths of my soul,
the burning I could never explain before,
And he has given me a future.
It is written that once a gift is given,
it can never be taken back.
Even if I leave Jesus's side-
he has the power to use me as he wishes.
Although I never plan on leaving,
it is very encouraging to know my gifting
is not in my hands.
My gifting is not reliant on my ability
or my strength.
And although, Mercy is not the only Ministry
that deals with troubled young woman,
it is a ministry I can not help but fall in love with.
Thanks to a loving friend, I will forever hold dear
the dreams and successes of this Ministry.



To Support or Learn More Try:
http://nancyalcorn.blogspot.com/
http://www.mercyministries.org/
http://mercyministriesvlog.blogspot.com/



No comments: