Sunday, April 18, 2010

Greater than a great life

"I've found a love greater than life itself
I've found a hope stronger and nothing compares
I once was lost now I'm alive in you
I'm alive in you"

I remember sometime before my trek down to Tennessee singing a song about life being greater, I paused and thought is it?  This is one post I referenced this expereince ((http://kphil1.blogspot.com/2009/10/redemptive-leaves-and-idol-pumpkins.html))  But there was another one that I can't find, sadness. Anyways- I went through a whole list things I love like picnics, Starbucks, Christmas, dates, etc, etc and thought do I really LOVE God more than these things? 
I had to answer no. 
I didn't quite grasp the transformation that could be found in Him. I did not quite grasp the freedom, the joy, the rest, the beauty, the wonders, the desires fulfilled the "real-ness" being in love with God would bring. And more so than that... loving God for who he is even without any of the benefits. Could it be worth it? The biggest choice to choose to chase after God all your life to lay down your desires for him... can it be worth it? Can those seeds I have been planting for years, with deep conversations, watering via text messages, pruning with discipleship clippers, can they really bloom? Will I ever harvest?

In October 2008, I wrote this post ((http://kphil1.blogspot.com/2008/10/seeds.html)) declaring I would give my life to sow seeds. It is now April 2010 and my seeds just bloomed. I have started to harvest and it feels great. And with all those questions from before I can boldly say with all my heart; YES YES YES YES!!!
He is greater than life.
He is the answer.
He is the love we all need. I lay it all down Lord.
I call you Lord on purpose, not as a taught behavior.
I will allow you to direct me, to refine me, because guys listen, hear me, believe me:
"I have found a love greater than life itself" 

Maybe Its time to harvest.
Maybe its time to plant seeds.
Maybe it is time to open to the bible for the first time,
or maybe it is time to plant that church you have wanted to do for years.
But it really is time because "by grace I'm free, you've rescued me-all I am is yours; I once was blind but now I see"

If you don't know where to start, start in psalm 37.
I will post about a life lived there later this week.
And if you feel like you have already done that and you are dried up tired of waiting for your calling, getting no response- begin to do what Jesus did, that will keep you busy for awhile. Heal the sick, believe for miracles, sow into his kingdom, naturally and supernaturally.

I just get this picture in my head of my standing on stage with thousands of believers in the audience and saying "You want revival? You want revival?" Then one by one I point to my heart, my head and my wave my hands and whisper revival each time to motion that revival must begin in ourselves first. Live a life greater than a great life. Then, the revival will come, and the revival will come. But it is only after the THEN that it can come. Delight in Him and He will delight in you.


No comments: