Sunday, October 26, 2008

TWOlives

Sooo- I came home for a break from school & I am comfortable here. This is the place I know. I know the people, I know the streets, I know the restaurants, I know the gossip, I just know.

I was never scared of leaving. I knew I could make it at Brockport. I just didn't realize that what I knew would change.

I wanted to come back & know that someone missed me. I wanted to come back & find that they couldn't survive without me. I wanted everything to pause as I moved forward.

But it didn't. I changed. They changed. Streets changed. Stores changed. It's not the same place. Yet, I still feel comfortable here.

Comfortable, however, is no longer in the cards for me. Home feels like a dead end to me. Like the Bermuda triangle-as if I could get stuck there forever-

I finally feel like I have moved on. Even if I wanted to pick up my old habits, & live my life here again, I wouldn't be able to.

These weekends remind me exactly what life is suppose to be about... not what it use to be about. I could keep on living these two lives, talk one thing and walk another but I can't anymore.

I raise the white flag and allow God's Kingdom to move in.
.I. .f.i.n.a.l.l.y. s.u.r.r.e.n.d.e.r.

No comments: