Friday, February 17, 2012

Isaac, I am Sorry

I didn't wait for you. 
But God said he'd still bless you.(Genesis 17:19)
I am sorry I failed you.
But Jesus died for me when I was yet a sinner. (John 3:16)
I don't really know if I believe in you. 
But God says He'll never give up on me, or us. (1 Corinthians 13:7)
I somehow still believe that I am not good enough.
But God spoke sweet words over me. (Jeremiah 31:3)
I am not sure where to go from here.
But God says He has a plan. (Jeremiah 29:11) 
I am unsure if I am allowed to still meet you.
But God says He will never stop doing good to me. (Jeremiah 32:40)
I am not sure if I am worthy of love.
But God wrote that I will never stopped being loved. (John 17:23)
I sit here at worship, scared that God will not show me his face
But God reminds me I will find Him if I seek Him with all my heart. (Deut. 4:29)
I no longer dare to dream because I await my Ishmael.
But God said I can have you* if I delight in Him (Psalm 37:4)
I don't really know how to ask for forgiveness.
But God says He will cleanse me if I just ask Him to. (1 John 1:9)




Isaac... God... heart... love... her*, I am sorry. 
Forgive me.

No comments: