Saturday, January 14, 2012

Thoughts from 37,000 ft above

I just spent a week in Denver, CO at a: five star hotel with about 65 other Youth For Christ staff from all over the country and world. One whole week digging into the word of God, experiencing true fellowship/accountability, and falling in love again with where God has me.
I have never felt so incredibly empowered yet gratefully humble ever. The weeks' content rarely had to do with programming, or stats, or national paperwork. The entire week focused on abiding with Christ; God being our first love; A ministry's goal is the same as the great commandment: Love the Lord with all your heart, with all your soul, with all your mind; and as simple as being the gospel while telling the gospel.

Needless to say I had a great time. The other youth workers were just so real. Like so funny, legit, and redeemed. I envied their students and wished someone like them would have been in my high school. I know I would have accepted Christ earlier and unlike I have said before, man I wish I would have. To have known His love sooner, to have experienced this freedom... sigh if only.

But alas, here I am flying over the United States pondering what life will be like when I get back. What changes I will really make. How much more time I will truly devote to the Lord... and I find my heart so restful. Which is such a sweet place to be that I might just cry on this plane. I feel so valued, while believing the best I have to offer is Christ in me--- and I truly mean that.

Also within this last week I became an Aunt. I will be seeing my Nathan Vincent Malandra sometime tomorrow for the first time. The thought of my brother being a father... is well, wow. Hopefully it will be the perfect way to present God's relentless for his heart.  Huh... now that is a change... I reallyhave been praying so much more lately for my friends and families salvation. Get that I don't think I have ever even mentioned that word on this blog before... salvation... look at this girl evangelizing  (haha).

With that Carey and I are focused on fasting this month with our church and for the first time I am really enjoying being weak and sacrifical for the purposes of mobilizing God's kingdom. I feel so charged to make a difference in even the smallest of ways. God has just been so much more real to me lately, which is crazy to say from the 'religious' girl and all. But even as I fly over the states now I hear God repeat "see that light on the hill.. see that city lit up, that's you my lovely- thats you"

(Matthew 5:14) "You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden.

No comments: