I haven't forgotten what it is to be immature.
I've been known to have my good times, I just got so busy.
Being busy doesn't help anything.
If your doing too much you'll never be able to fully give yourself to anything.
Therefore, nothing can really be accomplished.
I made it a point this week to get back to the basics:
- I put down my phone and ignored it
- I deep conditioned my hair
- I skipped a class to hang out with my old roomie
- I hit up the coffee shop a more than a couple of times
- I caught up on One Tree Hill, my weekly soap
- I read three chapters in Captivating
- I called family members that I lost touch with
- I finished a pack of Hi-C & ate my Trix by color
- I layed in bed and enjoyed the silence, yup- the silence.
- I laughed my way through old photo albums
- I made some killer youtube play lists
- & most importantly I enjoyed the time to myself
It was exactly what I needed. I am so thankful that I am a hard worker,
but I am even more grateful that I know how to take care of myself.
I wish the same for everyone else, because it's one of the best feelings.