Monday, November 3, 2008

>< back to the basics ><

I feel as if I have gotten a little uptight along these college years.
I haven't forgotten what it is to be immature.
I've been known to have my good times, I just got so busy.
Being busy doesn't help anything.
If your doing too much you'll never be able to fully give yourself to anything.
Therefore, nothing can really be accomplished.
I made it a point this week to get back to the basics:

  • I put down my phone and ignored it
  • I deep conditioned my hair
  • I skipped a class to hang out with my old roomie
  • I hit up the coffee shop a more than a couple of times
  • I caught up on One Tree Hill, my weekly soap
  • I read three chapters in Captivating
  • I called family members that I lost touch with
  • I finished a pack of Hi-C & ate my Trix by color
  • I layed in bed and enjoyed the silence, yup- the silence.
  • I laughed my way through old photo albums
  • I made some killer youtube play lists
  • & most importantly I enjoyed the time to myself


It was exactly what I needed. I am so thankful that I am a hard worker,
but I am even more grateful that I know how to take care of myself.
I wish the same for everyone else, because it's one of the best feelings.

1 comment:

Heather said...

mmmm...getting back to the simple basics is what it's all about. "child-like"....love you.