Saturday, December 5, 2009

What they said.

" Our vision is that community and hope and help would replace secrets and silence. The vision is people putting down guns and blades and bottles. The vision is that we can reduce the suicide rate in America and around the world.The vision is that we would learn what it means to love our friends, and that we would love ourselves enough to get the help we need.The vision is better endings. The vision is the restoration of broken families and broken relationships. The vision is people finding life, finding freedom, finding love. The vision is graduation, a Super Bowl, a wedding, a child, a sunrise. The vision is people becoming incredible parents, people breaking cycles, making change. The vision is the possibility that your best days are ahead. The vision is the possibility that we're more loved than we'll ever know. The vision is hope, and hope is real. You are not alone, and this is not the end of your story."

-TWLOHA vision


“Hope is a powerful contraceptive. The way that you help young people avoid pregnancy is by providing them with real evidence that good things can happen in their lives.”
-Prevention program in NYC


"Although technology helps soothe this ache at times, I feel that it always leaves me wanting more. More conversation, more information, more feeling, more thought more interaction...just more. Something is missing from these artificial forms of communication. When we attempt to fill the void that we feel inside ourselves with this technology, we are about as successful as a child trying to fill a hole in the sand with water."
-Soul Rebellion
http://thelawlesslyricist.blogspot.com/


"I'd give up the privilege to drink to be 19 again."
-An old High School friend's facebook status today


"It's been fifty years, fifty long years since I've done this. Looking back on what I said all those years ago, all the hopes and dreams I had, I've come to the conclusion that if having things turn out the way you wanted them to is the measure of a successful life, then some would say that I'm a failure. The important thing is not to be bitter over life's disappointments. Learn to let go of the past. And recognize that every day won't be sunny, and when you find yourself lost in the darkness and despair remember it's only in the black of night you see the stars. And those stars will lead you back home. So don't be afraid to make mistakes, or stumble and fall, cause most of the time the greatest rewards come from doing the things that scare you the most. Maybe you'll get everything you wish for. Maybe you'll get more than you ever could have imagined. Who knows where life will take you. The road is long and in the end, the journey is the destination"
- One Tree Hill


"Save tonight
and fight the break of dawn
Come tomorrow
tomorrow I'll be gone
There's a log on the fire 

and it burns like me for you
Tomorrow comes with one desire
to take me away it's true
It ain't easy to say goodbye"
-'Save Tonight' Eagle Eye Cherry


"These days everything is all business
Never in one place for too long
But theres no lack of arms around me 
But I still wonder if somewhere I went wrong...
And I'd wish on every star 
in the southern sky 
for that man and our life
If I did not think that
Maybe I was much to selfish
but baby you're still on my mind
Now I'm grown and alone
and wishin I was with you tonight
'Cause I can guarantee
things are sweeter in Tennessee.
Yes, I can guarantee
things are sweeter in Tennessee"
-'Tennessee', The Wreckers

No comments: