Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Our lives; His plans


Psalm 139:13-14

For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well.

Jeremiah 1:5

"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart; I appointed you as a prophet to the nations."

Jeremiah 29:11

For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future

Proverbs 19:21
Many are the plans in a man's heart, but it is the LORD's purpose that prevails.

Isaiah 9:6
For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.

----------


It's strange for as busy as I am and for as many as wonderful friends that I need to make more time for, I have been saving time for her.
I look forward to our routine of late nights.
Tonight, as usual, she was sitting across from me on the couch
and asked me to read her essay.
I was reading her story.
She had to write about a significant person, place or thing that influenced her life that was no longer around.
She chose her friend Frank.

I accepted without hesitation.
but then worried if it was going to be too much emotionally for me to read.
Her friend Frank committed suicide this past May and it is a topic she has brought up on several occasions since meeting her in late August.
It was beautiful.
Her soul is beautiful.
The story was surprisingly humorous as it depicted a fun loving guy affected terribly by PTSD from his tours in Afghanistan.
What really got me what the description of the funeral.
She stated most could only utter the words; "I Love you, you son of a bitch"

...wow..

What is it that draws me to stories like this?
What is it that draws me to beautiful young women who know nothing about their true potential in life?
What is it that keeps me writing about them?
These simple moments when I feel the Holy Spirit working, even though from the surface I was only reading a story.
But it was her story.

I, along with a great team, have been working very hard on bringing 'To Write Love on Her Arms' to campus to raise awareness and end the silence of suicide, depression and self-harm.
To learn about the movement go here: www.twloha.com
To learn about our hearts & what we are doing read this: http://thisisryanross.blogspot.com/2009/09/night-of-love.html

"Everyone has a story to be told... Don't let yours be silent"

Being as stubborn as I am I want to know how God creates such moments like these and crafts them as he does... so perfectly and completely intertwined as if each day has a theme.. or each season has a single purpose...

So... God has a plan for e.v.e.r.y.t.h.i.n.g?
My failures. My successes. My redemption. My purpose. My pains. My past. My love. My existence?

I'd say he does. 1988 was the peak of abortions in America.
To the world I was mistake. I was a night of selfish pleasure.
I could have easily been erased.
But to God.. I was everything... and so was Frank.
God rest his soul.

1 comment:

Francesca Celeste said...

I love you Kerri, you are wonderfully made.