Friday, June 12, 2009

Women of this City Pt 2

"I hear their cries" I hear him say.
"I hear them, I promise"....

The LORD is close to all who call on him, yes, to all who call on him sincerely. He fulfills the desires of those who fear him; he hears their cries for help and rescues them. Psalm 145:18-19

The eyes of the LORD watch over those who do right; his ears are open to their cries for help. The LORD hears his people when they call to him for help. He rescues them from all their troubles. Psalm 34:15, 17

The LORD says, "I will rescue those who love me. I will protect those who trust in my name. When they call on me, I will answer; I will be with them in trouble. I will rescue them and honor them. I will satisfy them with a long life and give them my salvation." Psalm 91:14-16



I attended a different church a few weekends ago. and I met two beautiful women. I would say they were reaching about fifty. The pastor asked everyone who had a mountain in their lives to stand and have those around them pray... I was the only one around them, so I prayed. I asked them about their mountain. They both agreed that although their children (whom were grown) were Christians they wished they were dedicated. It was easy to see that these two woman were really chocked up about this. They barely could add another sentence to their prayer request. It broke my heart. The more I looked around I saw woman around their age sitting with each other.. and I thought of the last two churches I had been present at. Woman, strong Woman of Faith crying out for the men and children in their lives.

My "great" aunt sent me a card for my birthday and for some strange reason it got here last week but the card was absolutely heartening. SInce being saved, I ahve spoken to her on several occasions about my outbreak of faith. She, out of all, I would say understands and supports the most. We only talk about every 6 months but wher we do, she heals. In her card she explained how she always and still does to this day pray for all of her family and extended family members. This may seem typical or mundane, but think.... her prayers saved me. And her prayers will continue to save. I am not positive on where any of her three children stand on their relationship with God but she had faith... we all... must have faith.

How inspiring they are.
Here are grown women,
women who have been through things
tough things, bad things
loooong suffering
...and they still turn to God.
They still have faith.
I admire their persistence.
How is it they never give up?
Well, maybe some if them do...
actually- I know a lot that have.
But blessed are those who don't SCRIPTURE

I have also found myself surrounded by courageous woman in the teaching field.
This gig is tough. I can barely stand the nine days I have been here.
It hurts too much.
How it it they continue?
how is it they keep their patience?

Faith.
trust.
hope.
Love.

They believe in a greater power that heals.


I found a book on my teacher's desk today "A Teacher's Prayerbook"
I quickly flipped through the pages and found exactly where she receives her strength from.
She has a tough classroom, but she is so consistant. That is what I think is the toughest...
being consistant in all situation.
Keeping faith, NO MATTER WHAT.


but they do...
so this blog is for them.
The woman who cry out for the others in the world.
The woman who give their lives to simply live for others.
The Mary's & the Martha's. John 11
The Mother's of all God's children. Genesis 3, 20
The woman who filled all the town's jars with oil 2 Kings 4
The woman who hid the spies Joshua 6
The woman who serve & prevail...


Be shepherds of God's flock that is under your care, serving as overseers--not because you must, but because you are willing, as God wants you to be; not greedy for money, but eager to serve

1 Peter 5:2



No comments: