Saturday, May 2, 2009

Testimony Night

Last Night we had our annual Testimony Night at the church for the college students. This year they only did the seniors and they only got to choose one thing about all four years, all four years of lessons. Most spoke of their pivotal turning point and It really got me thinking... One more semester & I am out of here... One more and I will be fulfilling my dreams in Nashville TN. So does that mean next winter I will give my Senior Year testimony about how far I have come since I was a freshman? About how much I have learned? How much I have gained, how much I have lost? How much I want the younger generation to know? So much I hope no one else ever has to deal with? Only one lesson? What would I say?

I walked out of the building tonight heading towards my car and I ran into four people. Four ordinary college students who three years ago I never knew existed. But I do now. Each one I have had social relations with, each one I have shared the gospel with. So weird. I mean it's not weird to know so many people when you live on campus for three years but it seemed so... dare I say surreal? I guess I am just realizing how much influence I have had on this campus or more so how much I have changed myself.

So what would I say? What was my turning point? Well, here it is.

When you know who you are in Christ, you are no longer a slave to this world. You no longer walk in shame, you no longer doubt and nothing can ever take that away from you. Even if you walk away His gifts will be glorified through you. You are not just changed but transformed. You are no longer tolerant but you can whole-heartily love. You no longer want but give, you no longer struggle but you succeed. You no longer long for and desire but you receive and prosper. You are what God has made you and He makes no mistakes. You will be forever loved. You will be forever grateful. You will be forever His. 'For when those who are called to fish, fish- they flourish.' Once you know who you are in Christ, you will change the world. Forget the sins, forget the Christian culture and just sit at the feet of Jesus. He'll show you. Just liked He showed me.

Might be a semester early, but I will keep it around just in case.




No comments: