Monday, July 20, 2009

If we sat down for coffee..

If I was given a chance to sit down with *her*, like over coffee or something one afternoon and she allowed me to share some advice with her, I'm pretty sure this is what I would say:

If you give someone a reason to doubt you, they will. Stand firm even when you and everyone else around you thinks your going to fall.

Be confident in all situations.

:::People are not drawn to those who succeed, but those who believe they can:::: When you pass someone you know but you are not sure if they remember you, wave anyway because most likely they are hoping you will wave first. -_-Don't ever lower your standards for someone, let them sUpRIsE you. Most of the time all they need is for someone to believe in them, unconditionally-_- Curse laziness the moment you feel it, nothing good will ever come of it. However, if you don't allow yourself some de-stress time, you will only be stressing everyone else out in the meantime.

***Very Important: Girls only act they way they do because we are all insecure.

Learn to love yourself first and they'll come around.***

Never allow yourself to be surrounded by only people who bring you

d

o

w

n.

It may take some work and hardship but you can find other friends. Dating really is o.v.e.r.r.a.t.e.d, but it's okay if you don't take this advice because either did I. With that, I realize that you'll pretend to not really listen to any of this advice, but at least you know I care enough to say it to you... and I hope you never forget that.

You, as a Daughter of God will always be cared for, so allow those who want to love you to do so.

Don't be afraid to ask for help or feel like your not good enough to be helped, the world is full of compassionate people, allow them to bless you. Give yourself time to hurt in difficult situations but never lose sight that serving God is the ultimate goal in life. Although it is very difficult to believe when you are young, love is a commitment ---not a feeling---.

Try to enjoy everything you do. Go outside. Go to school events.

Be active in the community.

A positive spirit and a smile will get you places.

And you know how they say you never know who your boss will be soemday... believe it. Krama might not be real but God does have quite the s.e.n.s.e. o.f h.u.m.o.r. So respect everyone! Especially your parents. Give even more love than you have evern felt you were given.

And I guess to end with, If you'll allow me, I'd like to quote someone else's advice that my mother shared with me (but don't worry I won't sing it to you because I'm not that good, but that doesn't mean I don't bust out a few tunes now and then on my own...)

"I hope you never fear those mountains
in the distance
Never settle for the path of
least resistance Living might mean taking chances But they're worth taking
Lovin' might be a mistake But
it's worth making Don't let some hell bent
heart Leave you bitter When you come
close to selling out Reconsider Give
the heavens above More than just a passing
glance And when you get the
choice to sit it out or dance I hope you dance"

I hope you know that I love you and believe in you, but even more so- so does God. So do us a favor... try to figure out why we love you so much, why we adore you, how much potential we see. Once you figure it out, you will ahve no problem following any of this advice.

2 comments:

Lion-ess said...

inspirational

Anonymous said...

Jeepers, please sit down with me and have a cup of coffee. I think I could learn a lot from you.

Best,

Hannah Katy